If you have already set up your HelpDesk-LiveChat integration, you can import your data from LiveChat to HelpDesk. However, it’s more than just copying your tickets, agents, groups, tags, and canned responses. The most important benefit is that it replaces the LiveChat tickets section with HelpDesk.
When you import data from LiveChat to HelpDesk, the following things happen:
- All tickets, agents, groups, canned responses, and tags are copied to HelpDesk (the data is not deleted from LiveChat).
- Your LiveChat user will receive an email with an invitation to join HelpDesk. All new users are invited as viewers, and these accounts are free. They don’t cause any updates in your HelpDesk subscription, and you can change their roles later.
- All users invited to HelpDesk use the same credentials they use in LiveChat to log in. Additionally, they don’t have to set up their accounts from scratch because all the data is automatically imported from LiveChat.
- The LiveChat “Tickets” section is replaced with HelpDesk.
- From now on, ticket form messages are sent directly to HelpDesk.
- All emails forwarded to LiveChat are forwarded to HelpDesk.
- The “General” group from LiveChat will become your default team in HelpDesk.
- Make sure your LiveChat and HelpDesk accounts are connected. Go to the HelpDesk settings -> Integrations. Click on the “Import data…” button.
- Click on the “Import” button.
- Your import is ready! You’ll see your LiveChat data in HelpDesk. You can modify agent settings, groups, canned responses, and tags to match your workflow. The “Tickets” section will disappear from LiveChat, and you’ll be able to access HelpDesk directly from the left-hand menu.
It’s not possible to undo the data import from LiveChat to HelpDesk.
The import is permanent, but you can manually modify or delete imported tickets, agents, groups, tags, or canned responses in HelpDesk.
If you want to go back to using LiveChat and HelpDesk separately, visit your LiveChat account, go to “Settings,” and select “Integrations & Apps.”
Then, go to “Installed Apps,” click on the “Actions” drop-down menu, and click on the “Uninstall” button.
When you do this, you’ll see the “Tickets” section in LiveChat again. However, all imported data will still be visible in HelpDesk.
Contact us directly through chat if you’ve already done the integration but have created a new group in LiveChat and want to forward all tickets from that group to its newly created equivalent in HelpDesk.
Before contacting us, please prepare:
- Information about your LiveChat license ID,
- Information about your HelpDesk license ID,
- The names of the LiveChat groups and HelpDesk teams you want to sync. Note that you must have a HelpDesk team created before syncing with a LiveChat group.
Our support team will use the LiveChat group information and manually create a new team in HelpDesk based on it so that you can work with consistent data.